Building Fireplace Mantels: Distinctive Projects for Any by Mario Rodriguez
By Mario Rodriguez
The appealing and precise fire mantels in Building hearth Mantels will motivate householders to adopt essentially the most well known maintenance initiatives in the house. step by step directions, cutlists and ideal approach images and illustrations will make this publication entice woodworkers with various levels of expertise.
Read or Download Building Fireplace Mantels: Distinctive Projects for Any Style Home PDF
Similar woodworking books
The paintings of Woodworking is an extended sequence released within the 90's. every one quantity information particular instruments, abilities, or thoughts used to paintings with wooden or particular issues to construct out of wooden.
Construct your personal yard Getaway!
From Adirondack chairs and porch swings, to birdhouses and potting benches, Easy-to-Build outside tasks is stuffed with the kinds of functional and tasty initiatives woodworkers like to construct. The plans are basic - many in basic terms require a handful of instruments - and each undertaking comes with step by step directions. additionally, the specialist woodworkers who created the tasks paid particular awareness to right fabric choice and sturdy finishes to aid defeat harm brought on by solar, wind and rain. the end result: You'll turn out with appealing items that might glance nice for years.
;Art Of Woodworking - Routing And Shaping КНИГИ ; ХОББИ и РЕМЕСЛА Автор: okay. Winchester Название: Routing And Shaping Издательство: Time-Life Books Год: 2005 Формат: djvu Размер: 5,3 Мб Для сайта: www. mirknig. comКнига на английском языке. Книги из серии The artwork Of Woodworking являются энциклопедией столярного дела.
Abram, megastar of TVs New Yankee Workshop and This outdated condominium, is popular for having extra strength instruments than a well-stocked domestic heart. common audience will consequently be shocked to work out that right here he bargains ordinarily with hand instruments. Abram covers goods akin to degrees, chalk traces, and plumb-bobs, detailing his stories with them and his personal tastes.
- The Workbench Book: A Craftsman's Guide to Workbenches for Every Type of Woodworking (Craftsman's Guide to)
- Spray Finishing & Other Techniques (New Best of Fine Woodworking)
- Bird-Friendly Nest Boxes and Feeders: 12 Easy-To-Build Designs that Attract Birds to Your Yard
- Basic intarsia : with Lucille Crabtree
- Carpentry and Joinery, Volume 1 (3rd Edition)
Additional resources for Building Fireplace Mantels: Distinctive Projects for Any Style Home
2. Assemble the two sections to complete the pilasters. Don’t worry about getting a tight seam here, because it gets covered by the frieze molding. But do make sure the assembly is straight by holding a long straightedge against the face and side. The mitered cuts of the plinth blocks are glued and taped together. parts. (See p. ) 2. Rip the inside return pieces to 1 in. wide. 3. Assemble the upper pilasters. You could cut slots in the miters and use splines to align these miters, but because the pieces are short 40 GEORGIAN MANTEL Making the plinths The plinth blocks wrap around the pilasters.
Join the parts of the box together. Although it was a little more trouble than butt joints and screws, I used a rabbet-and-dado joint instead. 4. Add the spacer block that supports the large cove. 28 SIMPLE COLONIAL MANTEL Prime, fill, and sand the assembled shelf. When I’ve achieved a neat, clean job, I apply the finish coat of paint. Adding the mantel moldings The mantel is made up of four layers: the mantel shelf, a large cove, a 1⁄2-in. bead, and a 5 ⁄8-in. cove. When assembling mitered moldings, it’s a good idea to “walk” the molding around the project, starting on the left and working around to the right.
A pair of splines keeps the pieces from sliding around when clamping up. available profiles instead of choosing specialorder profiles, I could pick through the inventory and select the straightest and cleanest material. There were three distinct profiles I needed: a large and simple cove for the cornice molding, an ogee with fillet for the torus molding (at the base of the pilaster), and a large ogee with quirk (space or reveal) for the capital molding. These last two moldings are both sold typically as “base cap” profiles.