Ashcraft's Pediatric Surgery by George W. Holcomb III, J. Patrick Murphy
By George W. Holcomb III, J. Patrick Murphy
Acclaimed for its unsurpassed clarity and doable scope, Ashcraft's Pediatric surgical procedure provides authoritative, sensible assistance on treating the full variety of surgical difficulties in babies, childrens, and youngsters. the recent fifth version maintains this glorious legacy with its completely up-to-date insurance of today's scorching subject matters together with the elevated use of minimally invasive surgical procedure (MIS) for pediatric sufferers, urology, bariatric surgical procedure in youth, and evidence-based remedies and results in little ones. specialist seek advice functionality-new to this edition-offers handy entry to the whole contents of the publication, in addition to bonus surgical video clips that exhibit a few of the new concepts and strategies from the textual content that will help you refine your talents.
* Covers the full variety of surgical difficulties in babies, young children, and young people, for complete tips in a single handy resource.
* bargains assurance of minimally invasive surgical procedure, together with laparoscopy and thoracoscopy, outlining the professionals and cons of every approach.
* Discusses well timed issues resembling bariatric surgical procedure in children and evidence-based remedies and results in children.
* contains surgical videos-many new to this edition-which display the right way to practice key techniques.
* Emphasizes a medical concentration for a vast spectrum of pediatric surgical issues, for assurance that ambitions the fabric most crucial to you.
* includes a trouble-free structure that makes assessment effortless for certification and recertification exams.
* areas an elevated emphasis on minimally invasive surgical procedure, reflecting the shift from open to closed strategies that permit for quicker restoration and higher outcomes.
* provides a brand new specialize in evidence-based remedies and results, equipping you with today's most sensible practices.
* deals the total textual content on-line, totally searchable, besides all the illustrations downloadable on your own shows, and entry to surgical movies at expertconsult.com.
* contains over 900 illustrations-more than part new to this edition-that depict today's top surgical practice.
* presents on-line references associated with PubMed for simple entry to abstracts and whole textual content articles.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the following version is released, or till the present variation is not any longer provided on the market by means of Elsevier, whichever happens first. Elsevier reserves the suitable to supply an appropriate substitute product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read or Download Ashcraft's Pediatric Surgery PDF
Similar pediatrics books
I used this booklet as a major source for my third 12 months shelf examination (with Blueprints as a fall-back), and that i bought a four. zero. I observed a couple of questions and eventualities at the attempt that I recogized from this article.
Rules of Genetics, 7/e deals an updated, balanced remedy of the foremost components of genetics (classical, molecular, and inhabitants genetics) in a pleasant writing sort with first-class studying aids, making it more straightforward for college kids to profit and be triumphant.
In the previous few years, consuming difficulties in early life became a true public healthiness factor. difficulties at this level within the existence path have a massive strength impression at the development and improvement of the kid and reason excessive nervousness for folks and carers. This record presents an up to date info source approximately childhood-onset consuming difficulties and discusses the present place of study in the box.
- Handbook of Parent Training: Helping Parents Prevent and Solve Problem Behaviors
- Injury in the Young
- Nelson tratado de pediatría
- Child psychology : a practical guide
- Smith's Recognizable Patterns of Human Deformation
Additional info for Ashcraft's Pediatric Surgery
The two most important deficits in newborn host defenses that seem to increase the risk of bacterial sepsis are the quantitative and qualitative changes in the phagocytic system and the defects in antibody-mediated immunity. The proliferative rate of the granulocyte-macrophage precursor has been reported to be at near-maximal capacity in the neonate. However, the neutrophil storage pool is markedly reduced in the newborn compared with the adult. After bacterial challenge, newborns fail to increase stem cell proliferation and soon deplete their already reduced neutrophil storage pool.
Of nutrient administration is preferable to parenteral nutrition. Enteral nutrition is physiologic and has been shown to be more cost effective without the added risk of nosocomial infection inherent in TPN.
74-76 One of the more promising agents, however, may be the anabolic hormone insulin. 80 The use of intensive insulin therapy for critically ill children and adults continues to be another active area of clinical investigation. More recent studies examining the role of insulin for tight glycemic control in critically ill patients have been less encouraging and are discussed in the next section. A Review of Carbohydrate Metabolism and Requirement during Illness Glucose production and availability are a priority in the pediatric metabolic stress response.